In my last post I talked about drafting and sewing all of my knit tops for my Fall wardrobe but I thought it would be nice to list a few ready made sewing patterns that I would love to sew right now. Some of these I have sewn in the past and some are just ones I have been eyeing for quite a while and one is new to me but I’m just lovin it. So if you’re looking to sew some nice and easy knit tops I hope this list helps.
In no particular order
- Sewaholic Renfrew– This pattern has been on my radar screen for along time but due to me living abroad I wasn’t able to get it cheaply and at the time I was still prefering preprinted patterns.
- Grainline Studio Hemlock– I love a nice slouchy t-shirt and as a bonus it can be made in a woven also.
- Simplicity 2345- This was one of my favorites patterns. The top is part of a wardrobe but it was just the top I had sewn. I added sleeves to mine from another simplicity pattern.
- BurdaStyle 02/2009-108- Even though I only made one it was one of my favorite and has lasted me 6 six years and still going strong for me
- Grainline Studio Scout (Woven)- Even though this is a pattern for a woven top I have seen it in a knit and it is nice and I want my own copy.
- Union St. Tee- This pattern is new to me but all I hear and see is raving reviews and pictures that are just as nice. So this is one pattern I would love to try.
- Sew U Home Stretch (book)- What is not to like it is a book about sewing knits, comes along with three patterns and shows how to make a whole wardrobe of knit tops and dresses.
- Alabama Studio Design T-shirt (book)- I have to admit that when I first saw this book a few years ago I judged it based on its cover and I wasn’t impressed so I never bothered to look into it. Fast forward to this past spring and my kids bought it as surprise gift, and let me tell you, that saying never judge a book by its cover, it is so true. I mean talk about my jaw dropping to the floor, let’s just say with detail she puts into those garments I want everything.
- Grainline Studio Linden Sweatshirt- As you can see by now I really like Grainline Studio patterns, again this is just another style I really like.
- New Look 6735- Just a classic t-shirt that seems to sew up nicely for everyone. Plain and simple it is a classic.
Until next time, happy sewing…